Wednesday, May 27, 2009

my very first blog

well...I attended a training today focused on public relations and social networking. One of the action steps I committed to was to research "blogging" as a means of communicating about the organization I work for. As with other social media tools, I am going to try it out personally before I present a plan to use it in connection with my work. So here goes...

blogging was described today as an "online journal" -- now THAT appeals to me! I've always enjoyed journaling...sometimes recording the experiences of the day, sometimes expressing my feelings and emotions, and sometimes writing Scripture that encouraged or inspired me. The pleasure I find in journaling all started with the diary my Daddy bought me when I had my tonsils taken out in third grade -- you know, the kind that locked with the little key! I still have that precious treasure and from time-to-time I rediscover it among the keepsakes of my childhood.

I will close with some words from Psalm 62: "One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that You, O God, are strong, and that You, O Lord, are loving."

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is cool! I started a blog last year, but didn't follow up on it much: http://jesuslovemethisiknow.blogspot.com/
    I remember your diary!
    Psalm 73 really spoke to me this week!
    26 My body and my heart may grow weak.
    God, you give strength to my heart.
    You are everything I will ever need.
    27 Those who don't want anything to do with you will die.
    You destroy all those who aren't faithful to you.
    28 But I am close to you. And that's good.
    Lord and King, I have made you my place of safety.
    I will talk about everything you have done.

    ReplyDelete